How do you plan to spend your last day of this year? But more important than that is how do you plan to live out your dreams, desires and wishes in 2012?
Most people like to have a new year’s resolution where they work on really setting a goal to accomplish something. For most of us it usually centers around health, such as joining a gym or dieting.
I have always tried to set a new goal for each new year and as I think about what I want to do for 2012 I have a few thoughts in mind as I am clicking away at this keyboard, so here is what is running through my busy brain: (in no particular order)
1. As I am sitting here with my dear Melitas across from me reading the newspaper I am reminded of how precious she is to me. I want to make sure that I continue with my “daily” check ins with her via the phone and make an effort to come over to her house at least once a month to cook dinner for her and the warden. I have to make this a priority because I used to live only 3.1 miles door to door and now it is more like 20 miles away. But time spent with Melitas and Alba is time well spent.
2. This year I am going to continue on my healthy lifestyle of eating a vegetarian diet. I want to continue my running and bike riding and hiking.
3. In my workshops I want to continue to be the very best that I can be. I want to strive to encourage my writer’s to dig deep and look for the heart of each story.
4. I want to be mindful of all who come across my path. What I can bring to them to lighten their load.
5. I want to be forever grateful for all my students who have come to my workshops and continue to help support my business. I want to not only tell them how grateful I am but to show them with kindness how much I truly appreciate each one.
6. I want to remember that each new day is a gift and to look for the beauty of each moment.
7. I want to continue to document my life and record it via my pictures and words.
8. I want to learn from the journey of others so maybe, just maybe I will avoid a few “mines”.
9. I want to learn to just relax and just be.
10. I want to be true to myself.
What is your list for 2012? I hope somewhere on your list you will consider working on leaving your legacy in whatever form that may be. Let those you love know it…send a letter, card or note. Maybe even a phone call (my least favorite thing to do is talk on the phone)…
Wishing all of you nothing but the best for 2012…